15 January 2008

What Daddy’s death means to me

I consider myself lucky that I spoke to Dad minutes before he died. My friend Nonoy (Narcuadic) didn’t have that opportunity to bid farewell to his father. When I learned that Dad died, I couldn’t explain what I felt. I didn’t shed any tears at all. It took me 5 days before I felt empty and helpless. It was when I started crying.

Being fatherless is something that you really can’t explain. In my case, I really don’t care and I do not take everything seriously. I don’t care because I have this feeling that whatever will happen to me, my Dad would be there to support me. If I fail in my career, I can anytime move back to our house and Dad will help me pick up the pieces. But when he died, I felt so susceptible and emotionally weak.

It took me awhile to realize the repercussion of Daddy’s death. Daddy’s death means that I will have to take care of my family. I will be my Mom’s support structure not the other way around. I’ve realized that Mom’s old and I have to take care of her. All of the sudden, my career has a value to me.

I miss my Dad from time to time but I know that he’s with his Creator, happy watching over us. To Dad, I love you with all my heart.

(16 March is Dad’s 3rd Death Anniversary)

No comments: