15 January 2008

Jetset Jinx

On the 1 June 2007, I went to King Fahad International (DMM) for my flight to DXB. I’ve already checked in 2 hours prior to my departure. Unknown to me, the flight was delayed. Khalid, a customer service officer of Saudia looked for me and told me that I couldn’t possibly board the plane. I was so upset but I did not show it. I called Inday Bam right away and informed her that I couldn’t arrive on schedule. I was stuck in the airport for another hour or two because Khalid has to fill up several papers in order to cancel my exit visa with the immigration office.

I then went down to collect my luggage at the arrival. It took me half an hour waiting for a taxi as I wouldn’t ride with a Saudi driver. I called Ahmed, our department driver and later talked to boss about what happened in the airport.

As instructed by Khalid, I went back to the Airport the following day and checked in again. The check in guy told me that my connecting flight DXB to SIN was not confirmed. I waited for another hour because he has to send a request for my reconfirmation. I finally, checked in my luggage and the guy told me that I can get it in my final destination in DVO.

The flight to DXB was so smooth and SV served a very delicious dinner. When I arrived at DXB, I right away looked for the transfer station so that I can get a boarding pass. There were several Japanese tourists that came from Turkey and I was seated next to one of them. I would have to say that SQ is the best airline in terms of service. One girl that impressed me most is named YI SHUJI. She’s the sweetest girl in the airline world. I was so happy that there were no Filipino in SQs staff, Filipinos cabin crews are mean.

I was left with only two hours to connect to Davao. Changi Airport is so huge that you will have to walk at least 2 kilometers in order to reach the transfer stations. When I reached Transfer Station E, I was told that I might not be able to ride the plane since my ticket is rescheduled. Luckily, the Indian girl from the station E was able to secure a seat for me.

I was expecting to arrive to DVO at 1:30PM but Silkair dropped by at CEB first so we were delayed for another hour. I wasn’t feeling very well in my last leg of flight. When the plane finally arrived, I’ve learned that my luggage was missing. Kim of Silkair DVO told me that we have to come back after two days to collect the luggage and I’ve asked Val to collect it in my behalf.

My family was in the airport when I arrived. Leo’s wife Olive was also there but I wasn’t able to give the Barbie dolls since I’ve lost my luggage. I thought that the worst is over but when we arrived in our place, it’s raining heavily and there’s a power outage.

No comments: