15 January 2008

Lipat Bahay

Last week, Boss told me with finality that I must move back to Al Khobar. He suggested that I take a residence in Bandariyah, Al Khobar Shammalia and King Abdulaziz area. He was impatient of me since I only kept on promising to move back to Khobar yet I never really take it seriously. That same day, boss issued a memo for the issuance of my 1 year housing allowance. I expect to receive my cheque at the end of the month.

Boss’ ultimatum made me look for a house seriously. Besides, I won’t have anymore excuses since the company will release my housing allowance. On Wednesday night, I was meeting DF so we can go together to the new building. Fortunately for the both of us, we saw BDG at Al Jawhara and he has the same purpose. We went together and we spoke to the caretaker named Abdul Monem. The problem is, the guy doesn’t speak English and we have to converse with him in Arabic. I am not really fluent with Arabic and I could only speak a little of it. Abdul Monem told us to come the following day so we can talk to his Mudir.

As instructed, DF and I went back to the new building the following day. We were supposed to meet Bong S. but we couldn’t contact him. We inspected the rooms and I selected the corner room (No. 315). I really like the place because it’s compact and new. Abdul Monem told us that the place will be ready in 10-15 days. It’s just right for me since I will be receiving my housing allowance at the end of the month.

We weren’t able to talk to the Mudir but we came back on Friday and yesterday evening. Good thing, Remus drove me to the place while we meet Bong S. there.

I really don’t know but I am very confident that the room will be mine. We talk to Abdul Monem and asked him to reserve the room for me. I think I would have to give him a bribe so I can get the room.

No comments: