15 January 2008

Letter of Complaint to SABB

I’ve had enough of SABB and I decided to cancel my account with them. I am not bitter or whatever but sometimes, you really gotta do what you gotta do. If you’re not satisfied with the service, there’s no point in prolonging the agony. Here’s my letter of complaint to SABB.

The Customer Service Manager
Saudi British Bank
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Subject: LETTER OF COMPLAINT

Dear Sir,

On 6 January 2007 my ATM was captured by SABB Dhahran Road Branch in Dammam. I called 800-124-8888 and was informed by the call center agent that he will have the card replaced immediately. I’ve waited for months and called 800-124-8888 a dozen of times yet I did not receive my ATM Card.

Unknown to me, the reason why my ATM Card (Card No.2) was captured is because it’s already expired. A week after reporting the capture of my ATM Card No. 2, I received an ATM Card in my mail. I called 800-124-8888 to inform them that I’ve received an ATM Card. The call center agent told me that I don’t need a new PIN for the card that I received. That same day, I made a transaction and guess what? My card was captured again. I have to skip work just to claim my ATM Card in the Dhahran Road Branch in Dammam. I called 800-124-8888 and reported the capture of my ATM and they told me that I needed a PIN. I went to Ibn Khaldoun to collect the PIN and they give me a new PIN. I tried transacting at the machine at Ibn Khaldoun branch and my ATM was captured again. I went back to the customer service personnel inside Ibn Khaldoun branch and was assured that all will be well and I should wait for another 4 hours before making another transaction.

I waited for 4 hours but I did not make any transaction. I called 800-124-8888 first and ask for the status of my ATM. I was afraid that the machine will capture my card again. The call center agent specifically asked me what card am I holding and I told him it’s card no. 3. This was the case according to the call center agent, the card that I am holding (Card No. 3) has been CANCELLED on 7 January 2007. No wonder the machine would capture it. He also told me that the PIN that I am using is for Card No. 4 which is still on transit. I never received that ATM Card in my mail.

I complained through customer voice and a certain Mr. Bandar (01-4050677 Ext. 4621) called me and offered to assist me in the issuance of my ATM Card. He gave me a time frame to wait for the card and then if I won’t receive it in a certain period I should call him. I never received Card No. 4 so I called Mr. Bandar. Unfortunately, he’s on leave so a certain Mr. Ahmed (01- 4050677 Ext. 4649) offered to assist me with my problem. Last week, he cancelled Card No. 4 and promised me that he’ll send Card No. 5 with the PIN at Ibn Khaldoun branch. On 28 March 2007, I called Mr. Ahmed in Riyadh to check the status of my ATM and was assured that it’s with the branch. I followed up with Ibn Khaldoun branch and I was transferred to Majid Hassan (03-8425242 Ext. 229). After ages in calling them, I finally got hold of Majid Hassan. Unfortunately, he sent the Card No. 5 to my mailing address, totally ignoring Riyadh’s instruction to him that the card should be in the branch since I have difficulty in receiving cards in my mail. His only excuse is that he’s very busy. I felt bad but he was reassuring and right away cancelled Card No. 5 and requested a replacement Card no. 6. He also told me to follow up today for my card. I followed up and called the branch but everybody seems busy that whoever I call and whatever extension I’ll dial nobody will answer.

I decided that I have enough of this ATM Card. It is like a poorly written Mexican soap opera that would never end. I visited the branch today and closed my account in that branch. The customer service agent there asked me why I am closing my account. I told him that I just feel like closing it. I never bothered to explain my reasons. All of a sudden he showed me my ATM Card No. 6 but I don’t want anything to do with it and I was determined to cancel the account regardless if I receive the card or not. He also told me that if I want to cancel my ATM, I should also cancel my Master Card. I replied that I don’t care anymore and if it makes him happy to cancel my Master Card at the same time, its fine with me. He asked me whether I would still want my ATM before he’ll cut it into pieces but it never bothered me. Later, the customer service staff told me that he doesn’t need to close my Master Card.

This letter is not just about my discontent or your unsatisfactory service. This should serve as a tool in learning how to serve your customers properly. I’ve learned from my constant conversation with your branch staffs and call center agents that they are not well informed about your policy. I think they’re just working there without training and their responses are inconsistent. Try calling another call center agent and ask the same question, chances are you’ll get different and conflicting replies from a single question.

Thank you very much.
Sgd: YOURS TRULY

No comments: