15 January 2008

Obet, my bet!

Regardless of what I’ve heard from Sutla, Obet I think is one of the best person I’ve known in Saudi Arabia. Obet is very warm, nice and accommodating. Last Wednesday, we dropped by at Obet’s shop and he invited us to his birthday party on Thursday.

As agreed, we waited in his shop from 7:30 – 8:30pm but he wasn’t there. We were so hungry so we decided to dine at KFC. While we were ordering, Obet called me up to help but we’re in a very compromising situation. We ate what we ordered at KFC and then went to Tamimi Safeway. I was planning to buy a cake but (Tamimi’s cake) it’s not very fresh. I ended up buying Dyer Ice Cream so we will not go to Obet’s place empty handed.

Obet’s place is in King Khalid Street at the top of the optical shop. The place is well kept, contrary to what Sutla has been telling me. His guests from ASTRA and Al Rushaid arrived at around 10:30 pm. I asked Obet whether he prepared everything but said that as much as he would love to cook, he couldn’t because he’s very busy. We did not stay long at the party and leave Obet’s flat at 11PM.

---oo0oo---

The Burmese military cracked down on protesters who are composed of Buddhist monks. The UN and the ASEAN joined hand in condemning the atrocities committed by the Burmese military junta. It’s one of the most secretive states in the world. Foreign journalists are banned from reporting inside Burma. The most recent report states that a Japanese freelance journalist was killed by the Burmese military.

No comments: