29 January 2008

Panda Fire on Friday the 13th

This video was taken from my camera phone on a freaky Friday the 13th of April 2007. I went with DF to buy fruits at Panda when suddenly an announcer said something in Arabic. People then run away from the department store. We were left with no clue since we couldn’t understand Arabic. I thought that it was another terrorist attack since the same Panda was attacked by terrorist a couple of years back. The announcer then translated the earlier announcement that there was a fire and everyone should leave the premises of the department store. We both leave calmly and waited outside Panda. There was a smoke at the roof of Panda. The smoke turned from lighter to darker color. What amazed me is that while the fire fighters where spraying water with their fire trucks, small kids down are enjoying the scene and they are bathing. It took the firefighters 2 hours to finally control the fire but Panda never opened. I ended up buying nothing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you could submit a profile to Iloilo Bloggers.

http://iloilobloggers.com/faqs

Salamat