15 January 2008

Poorly written Teleserye

Like a poorly written teleserye, this ATM brouhaha wouldn’t end. Boss gave me permission to go to the bank today and I got my card from the branch where it got stuck. I went to Ibn Khaldoun branch to collect my PIN. Mustafa, the customer service agent told me that I can withdraw using my ATM card. To be sure I asked him several times about the subject but he said that I can now withdraw. I tried to withdraw but my card was captured again. When I got my ATM back I spoke again to Mustafa and he said that he already set up the card. He said that I should wait for another 4 hours for it to be activated.

After 4 hours, I had to make sure that my card wouldn’t be captured so I called 800. I told the call center agent about my ordeal. This is what he has to say:

On 6th of January I called 800 to report that my card (Card No. 2) got stuck in an ATM booth. The reason why Card No. 2 was captured is because it’s already expired. Card No. 3 which was issued on 11 November 2006 is on transit. When I called that night the Call Center Agent cancelled Card No. 3 and issued Card No. 4.

What I received yesterday, Card No. 3 can’t be used anymore since it’s already been cancelled. That explains why when I tried to use it yesterday evening it was retained by the machine. I took the card this morning from the branch where it was retained and brought it to Ibn Khaldoun branch. They gave me the PIN and I used it for Card No. 3, it was again retained. Simple explanation, it’s a cancelled card and can’t be used. When I asked Mustafa to activate the Card, he actually activated Card No. 4 which is still in transit. The PIN that I claimed today is for Card No. 4.

I guess I have to wait for Card No. 4 to arrive. Nakakainis but what can I do?

No comments: