08 February 2010

PAL Returns to Saudi Arabia

Aren’t we all excited that PAL is finally resuming its flight to Saudi Arabia? According to the news release, PAL will have a non-stop service that will operate 4 times weekly (MNL-RUH-MNL).

I’m sure you know the difficulty in switching airports when you reach Manila. Although, PAL provides free shuttle service from the Old NAIA to Centennial, it’s still easier when you land in the same airport where you’ll be boarding for your onward flight. Aside from that, your Mabuhay Mileage will significantly increase. Who knows, in just one to two years you’ll be able to avail the Mabuhay Lounge services.

Well I’m not saying that PAL is the best airline out there. I was disappointed last year when I boarded a PAL flight to Iloilo and then Davao to Manila. PAL Stewards and Stewardesses would just stare at you and wouldn’t lift a finger. Unlike in the international flights where stewards and air hostesses would help passengers. I really don’t need their help since I can help myself with my hand carried luggage naman. Pero it’s still the thought that really count ba. Yong may intent lang naman to help you. Hindi nga gapadako lang sang ila nga itlog ang mga stewards kag mag ngirit. Baw, kanami tapungolon ang mga yudipungok nila!

Mga stewardess naman nila are not that beautiful. You’ll be surprised on how heavy their make-ups are. My goodness, parang mga bruha!

But criticism aside, we should seriously help our flag carrier. Na bankrupt na ito at buti nga napunta ang PAL na ito sa kamay ni Lucio Tan. Their restructuring really paid off and we should really be proud of that.

No comments: