23 November 2009

There’s Manny in Politics

I always had a hard time writing the correct spelling of Pacquiao, Manny’s family name. So to save myself from trouble, I often write Pakyaw instead. I wasn’t anymore surprised when I heard Manny Villar’s announcement that Many Pacquiao is NPs bet for the House seat in Sarangani Province. Manny once run for a House seat in Gen San but was defeated by a corrupt incumbent.


I would prefer that Manny remains apolitical. He’s already achieved so much. In fact, the name Manny Pacquiao is synonymous to fame and fortune. There are 101 ways to serve people than being a politician. Politics is dirty and if he’s not careful, it will only destroy his name. He could affiliate himself to several charitable organizations and NGOs. If he’s not satisfied with the programs of NGOs, he could establish his own foundation.

However, we could also not question Manny’s sincerity in his desire to serve our country. One thing’s for sure, Manny will never be corrupt.

No comments: