04 November 2009

Thanks, Pure and Simple

I always thank people in any way I can. It’s the least that I can do for people who went out of their way to help me. I’ve learned to give thanks to people when I first work at the food service industry at the age of 17. In the food service industry, crews may be robotic because it’s the store’s policy to say thank you. However, there are people who work there that really mean what they say. I am thankful that I did not outgrow my habit of saying thank you.

Thank you is a gift of gratitude. If somebody ‘thank you’ for what you did, you should acknowledge it since you deserve it. There are people who would say ‘It’s nothing .. It’s no big deal’. Those are dismissive remarks that could potentially hurt the person giving thanks. He could say ‘thanking you’ is a big deal to me but not to you?

Saying thank you is free of charge. I assure you, you’d feel better once you’re used to saying thank you. Give thanks to God for the abundance of grace you receive. Give thanks to people who clean your house, wash your dishes and collect your garbage. Give thanks to your family and the people who love you. Gratitude will make you happier.

No comments: