26 December 2009

The year that was …

‘Those who don’t know how to look back have nowhere to go’.

December 26, the day after Christmas is the most appropriate day to look back on the stuff that happened to me this year. Unlike the previous year, this year is full of fond memories that I’ll forever cherish in my heart.

I’ve been really blessed during the year and I am very grateful for all the blessings. I just wish that the coming year will be a very good year for me too. I promised myself to always count my blessing. I believe that if you count your blessings, you’ll forever be grateful and your heart will have no room for bitterness and regrets.

The world experienced the global financial crisis at the beginning of the year, courtesy of the US. Luckily, our economy was able to withstand the economic downturn. Thanks to the effort of PGMA. To her detractors, please learn to acknowledge PGMAs hard work. Don’t just dwell on your hatred. You’re pulling our country down with you. But despite our economic resilience, we were struck by several devastating natural calamities thought to be the result of Global Warming, again, courtesy of the highly industrialized nations (e.g. US and EU). The good thing that comes out of all those calamities is that we showed to the world that we (Filipinos) can unite and shun politicking during the crisis.

I hope that the Filipino will choose the right person to lead our country. We should not just vote for somebody because he’s Ninoy and Cory’s son or because he’s Tetay’s brother. Admit it, he doesn’t have what it takes to lead our country. We’re better off with Teodoro or Villar. We should also not vote for somebody just because their family owned the Araneta Center. That guy can swear like hell! We’re better off with Fernando or Manzano. As for the Senate, you can select the people you like but just don’t forget to put Inday Miriam in your list. The Senate is no fun without Inday Miriam in it.

1 comment:

Esoy1216 said...

Brags, I really enjoy reading your posts - very candid and honest. Although we may have different opinions on things but we have quite similar take on a hosts of issues.

Obviously, mapisan ka gid magsulat kay damo ka posts permi. Guro tahum time mo in between work and home.

I should have just dropped by to greet you Happy new year but naubos time ko basa sang masadya kag interesting mo nga posts.