21 December 2009

My Christmas List

In a way, being here in the Kingdom of the Sands spare you from the exhausting Christmas preparations. If you’re in Pinas, you’ll have to go to a department store to shop whether you like it or not. You’ll also be attending your office Christmas party and several parties that your friends or family organize. I tell you, it’s very exhausting and of course expensive.

The good thing that comes out every Christmas is that people are more patient and generous. I really appreciate it when people go out of their way just to give you a present. It doesn’t matter what the present is. What matter, as they say, is the importance and thought of the giver.

Celebrating Christmas here in the Kingdom of the Sands has always been different. Here, you’re not celebrating Christmas with your family. You’ll be with your friends. Most of the parties here are low key. You’ll observe the absence of ostentatious display of Christmas ornaments.

Since there’s only four days to go before Christmas, here’s my Christmas list.

1. Health top in my wish list. I wish that my Mother, me and my siblings and their families good health for the coming 2010.
2. I hope that I’ll do well in my career. My boss hadn’t made his evaluation for me yet but I’m crossing my fingers that it’s gonna be positive.
3. I wish for more patience. I want to be patient in everything that I do.
4. I wish to be surrounded by people who truly care for me. Life is too short, so I’d rather spend it with ‘totoong mga tao’.
5. Love. I don’t think that I need to explain what love is.

So you guys, I hope you’ll also start writing your wish list for 2010. It wouldn’t cost a dime to write a wish list. God bless you all and Merry Christmas.

No comments: