02 January 2010

It’s 2010

I still could not believe that it’s already 2010. Grabe! Time flies nga talaga. This is the nth times that I celebrated New Year away from my family. I actually can’t remember the last time I celebrated New Year with them anymore! Good God!

New Year calls for cleansing. You don’t only have to clean your house but your body too. We need to cleanse our body because admit it, we indulged our bodies into the not so healthy foods during the holidays.

I’m very lucky that I have a very small house so that restricts me from accumulating unnecessary stuffs. It’s also easy for me to clean it. This is my 4th house in Saudi Arabia in 8 years. This is also the first time that I did not fit my apartment floor with a carpet. The floor is easier to clean because I just have to wipe it with a damp cloth. The only disadvantage is during the winter season. You have to wear a rubber slippers kay grabe ka tugnaw (it’s so cold) and salug.

And speaking of cleaning, the first week of January is the perfect time for us to review our relationships with people around us. You don’t know you’re hoarding garbage with you. I’m talking about bad people you are surrounding yourself with. You have to throw them away. Ang iba would say, paano? Well, bad relationships and bad people will not end or leave you unless you decide to throw them away. Para lang iyang mga gamit. If you don’t need them, throw them away. You’ll notice that you won’t miss them. You’ll be surprised pa nga kung mare realize mo na umaliwalas ang iyong bahay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, and Three Kings, too!

Thanks for the tips. (And boy am I surprised at your last sentences! Hmmm...am I sensing an animosity between you and someone else?!! Mang-intriga ba).

And yes, I do believe you. We should only sorround ourselve with whatever is healthy for us. (And I don't just mean food or stuff, but people too!).

Hope to read more of you in 2010!

braggito said...

@isladenebz

Kuya Happy New Year!!