16 January 2010

Feeling good after a good fight

I’m no Manny Pacquiao so I’m not really saying that I’m good in boxing. What I can relate with the rest of the male species though is the thrill and fun of the boxing match. About 2 Wednesdays ago, my friend and I were walking near Ramah Supermarket when an Arab guy started to followed us. I would normally ignore it but he kept on saying something unintelligible. I was so irritated that I really want to do something but my friend was holding me. My patience was tried when he got closer to us. I throw my bag at him and throw him an upward punch. Unfortunately for me, I wasn’t able to anticipate his retaliation. He punched me and then runs away from us. I was hurt, yeah but it’s alright. At least I thought that guy a lesson.

In my almost a decade here in the Kingdom of Sands, I’ve punched several people who got into my way. In Al Khobar alone, I think I’ve punched around 5-6 Arabs. The rest were in random and mostly happened in Dammam. The thing with the Arabs is that they don’t really know how to fight. I mean, fight using their fists. I’ve witnessed several fighting between Arabs or between Indians and all they do is call each other names. Fighting Filipino style is totally different. Suntokan, tadyakan at matirang matibay. The good thing with Filipino fight is that you’ll feel good right after. Kahit na duguan ka pa o nasaktan ka, masarap ang pakiramdam. I think it’s the testosterone that makes us feel good after a good fight. Kaya nga siguro Filipino people are really fond of boxing.

When I look back at what happened last Wednesday, I just could not understand why Arabs lost their respect to us (Filipinos). We’ve really tried our best to work hard here yet we still could not gain the respect that we deserved. May kinalaman ba ito sa mga extracurricular activities that our kabayans do? I’ve heard several unpleasant stories about our kabayans but I don’t want to be judgmental. The only problem with having those extracurricular activities is that it will affect our fellow kabayans. It would be alright kung ang mababastos ay iyong mga salarin din. Ang kaso, yong mga wala namang kaalam alam ang nadadamay.

Ang sa akin lang, just as long as these Arabs would not irritate me, I’ll just stay calm. Kung hindi basi masumbagan ko naman sila!

1 comment:

MR. PANGUY-AB said...

hey.kumusta!! haha..idol ba!!kung ako sa posisyon mo matyag ko amu man na ubrahon ko..haha

huo, sa videos nga makit'an ko kis'a indi gid mn kabalo mag'away ang mga arab, indians ang puti.