03 October 2009

I’m JCs Ninong

Baptism is the most important of all the sacraments because it’s the first of the seven sacraments in Catholic faith. The Universal Church believes that baptism washes away and removes our original sin. It allows us to enter heaven. That is the reason why babies are baptized as soon as they are born.

As posted earlier, I was invited by my Kumpareng Bro to be the Ninong of his second son JC. I have to go through the seminar that the parish is giving for the would be Ninong. The seminar’s content is a review of the Theology 101 – Orientation to Christian living course that I took from the University of San Agustin. As Ninong, I was tasked to answer in the child’s behalf the profession of faith. Profession of faith otherwise known as the apostle’s creed will be recited by the priest during the baptism. The baptism revolves on symbolisms like the white garment that the child is wearing for purity. The Oil of Catechumens that symbolizes that the baptized child belongs to the God and heaven. The water symbolizes the washing away of the original sin. The Sacred Chrism symbolizes that when the child is anointed with it, he is now a Christian. The baptism candle stands for the light to the world of Christ.

I jokingly told Nonoy, a good friend and kumpare of mine that if ever we’re going to have a falling out, we should return our candles. Yong saulian ng kandila that usually happens when two of the kumpares would fight over something.

It’s good feeling to be invited to be a child’s godparent. I was so thankful that Kumpareng Bro and Kumareng Sis gave me the opportunity to be JCs Ninong. I promised them that I’m going to be the best Ninong in the world.

3 comments:

pamatayhomesick said...

tama pards, masarap ang pakiramdam na pagtiwalaan na maging gabay din sa iyong inaanak, second parents yan...:)

Anonymous said...

congratulations. i must be a very bad person. i only know two of my inaanak -- a niece and a bestfriend's niece. ang alam ko meron na rin siguro akong mga six god children (tama ba ako ng term?). matagal na rin akong hindi nagni-ninong.

braggito said...

Hello Nebz, kaya nga mas maigi talaga na ang inaanak natin ay close friend talaga natin. Para kilalang kilala natin sila pati na ang mga bata.