06 September 2009

Spoiled and Ungrateful Brats

You’ve made an effort to buy toys for your nephews and nieces here in Saudi Arabia. You shipped the toys to the Philippines only to be told that the toys that you bought for them are ugly and it’s not what they wanted. Of course, you’ll be angry! That’s what I felt when I was told by Banding and Heart that they don’t like what I gave them.

I know that they’re just 5 and 6 years old but I couldn’t control my anger. I was angry because they never appreciate the time and effort that I made in order to give them the toys. If it weren’t for my friend D, I wouldn’t have purchased those toys in the first place.

Since working abroad, I never failed to give toys and chocolates to my nephews and nieces. I want them to experience the things that I failed to experience when I was a child. My Aunts and Uncles in Canada never send us toys and chocolates while I was growing up. They send packages to my other cousins and not to us. That’s the reason why I send package every year so that they will not feel that I deprived them of toys and chocolates.

That’s why I am angry when the little brats are ungrateful. I told them that next year, I will never give them anything. It will be a lesson for them because I vowed not to give them anything.

My elder sister told me that both Banding and Heart are spoiled by my sister in law Inday. Even if they can’t afford it, she enrolled the children to an exclusive kindergarten school. And since they can’t afford the tuition fee, they ask assistance from my mother. They never realized that the money that my Mother gave them is for her medicine and it comes from me. Inday spoiled her children so much that she would buy them anything they want even if she can’t afford it. Where the hell can you see children as young as 5 and 6 years old, wearing fancy jewelry? Jewelries are for adults who could afford to buy them. My sister in law is just teaching her children to be worldly and materialistic. That’s the reason why they couldn’t appreciate a gift. A gift, regardless of its value should be appreciated because it comes from the heart of the giver.

OA man ang galit ko, I really don’t care. I promised myself that there will never be next time. They’ll just cry of envy from their other cousins but they will never receive anything, next year.

1 comment:

MR. PANGUY-AB said...

i like it!like your blog!

mga kabataan subong amu na gid mn na! why is it so? hai, kung ako, mangakig man ako...lol
:)
halong!