16 September 2009

Eid Al Mubarak!

Everyone is busy buzzing around for the Eid Al Fitr Holidays. We’re lucky that our company declared a nine (9) day none working holiday. Since today is our last working day, people are on vacation mood. Everyone seems to be happy and that includes me.

I easily got bored so my primary concern now is how I will spend my 9 day break. This Thursday, I’ll be busy preparing for my friend’s birthday. Yeah right, I may not be the celebrator but I play an important part in his birthday, you know. On Friday, I’ll be in Aramco to attend a seminar for ‘would be Ninongs’. Yes, my future Kumpare Brother A invited me to be the godfather of his son John Christian. It may take awhile so I’ll be pretty occupied on that day. Some of my friends have planned to go to the Half Moon beach and then to Bahrain Bridge but it wasn’t decided yet.

Per previous experience, most of the outings that my friends made are spontaneous and unplanned. They’d just give me a call and wallah! However, should none of the plans push through, here are some of the things that I would definitely do.

-General Cleaning. Eid is the best time of the year to do general cleaning.

-Cleansing Diet. I usually schedule four (4) days to detoxify. Yes, no more soft drinks and unhealthy food.

-Meditate. It’s the best time to spend some time with yourself and reflect the things that happened to you in a year. Meditation may not necessarily involve religion. You just have to close your eyes, feel the nature around you. This is the best way to think clearly.

-Write to friends and family. I usually spend some time to write a lengthy letters to my friends and family that I’ve lost touch with.

-Watch Movie. This time, I’m gonna watch all the movies that my friend D downloaded from the internet. I’ve even purchased a media player / External Hard Drive for those movies yet I haven’t had the time to watch them.

2 comments:

pamatayhomesick said...

eid mubarak..mula naman dito sa kuwait!

Anonymous said...

Happy eid to you too.

Your list looks like what I originally planned but ended up not doing! Hehe.

Sabi ko I'll watch movies during the holidays. Pero ni isa wala akong napanood...

I ended up bumming around all throughout the Eid vacation.