12 April 2010

My Pilipinas

When the trend of wearing ‘My Pilipinas’ T-shirts started in the early 2008, I never really bothered to buy one. I’m the kind of person who doesn’t want to wear the same clothes as others. In my mind, hindi naman ako sasali sa sayawan. I’m not also comfortable if I saw someone wearing the same shirt as I do. I prefer to play low key. Being the center of attention is not my cup of tea.

I started to just notice that our Kabayans in Al Khobar and Dammam have been wearing the ‘My Pilipinas’ shirts. In fact, in one of our operating companies, a pinoy there was selling an imitation ‘My Pilipinas’. It’s obviously an imitation because from what I’ve heard, they just bought those shirts at a retail price in Divisoria! How cheap! To his credit, the shirts sold like hot cakes.

Late last year, I finally got my very own ‘My Pilipinas’. I did not get it from him (colleague) though. It was given to me by a friend as a gift. It’s authentic because it’s from Collezione C2. I was at first hesitant to wear it but I love the fitting.

You’ll be surprised that Filipinos nowadays love wearing the ‘My Pilipinas’ designs. More and more Filipinos are proud of being Pinoys. The most common amongst the designs are the Philippine map, the Philippine flag, sun & stars, the colors blue and red depicting the Filipino flag or emblem. The growing sense of nationalism was pushed higher during the decade of PGMAs presidency. Her value driven programs has lead to the resurgence of national pride.

I was considering getting a new pair of ‘My Pilipinas’ shirt but that could wait until my Annual vacation. It’s also nice to give it as gift to a friend or an officemate.

3 comments:

Francesca said...

i agree maganda ang ganung tshirt.
Mas lalo kung ang nag susuot nun sabayan din ng desenteng pagkikilos.

halimbawa if susuot ako nun tapos suray suray ako sa kalasingan pauwi, lol anong mensahe yun sa mga nakakakita.

Sana orange color, hindi kasi ako Noynoy eh, hihihihi!

uy salamat sa comment mo sa blog ko, tunay na pinagiisipan kung mag comment ka, hindi yung just anyhow ba....Alam mo yun? merong ganun kc !lol
(sus, nangiintriga pa ang lola mo,hahaha)

Anonymous said...

Someone tried to sold me a shirt too costing around SAR65. Hindi ko rin binili.

But I wouldn't mind receiving My Pilipinas shirt from you...

May ganun?

braggito said...

Hello Kuya!

For a not so original 'My Pilipinas' SR 65.00 is too much! .. tagal pa bakasyon ko but.. I try to get one for you .. ha ha h ah... thanks.