11 March 2009

Promotion

I am not the kind of person who would brag about something but this time, I couldn’t help myself from doing it. Yeah, right, you bet! I finally got it. I was promoted with effect on 1 January 2009. With it comes not just responsibility but monetary factors.

When I look back, I was pretty contented with what I have. I have a reasonable salary, good working environment, kind boss and stable company. I already have everything to be happy and I was thankful for it. When the world went on the recession, I was even more thankful because I get to keep my job. You see, when you are thankful for the blessings you have, you have no bitterness and regret. You can sleep well at night and would go to work the following day happy. I never expected being promoted but I saw it coming. I am very proud to say this because I am a hard working person. I work well and I consistently have a high marks on my performance evaluations. I also know how my boss, his wife and family love me! This promotion has motivated me to do better.

No comments: