11 March 2009

Blogger’s Responsibility

Nebs asked a thought provoking question in his blog about the blogger’s responsibility. This was my reply to his posting.

‘The reason why I'm blogging is that I don't want to be constrained to the editorial standards of any media which most of the times are biased. My responsibility I believe is to protect my freedom to express myself. I am lucky that I am not in China or Myanmar where internet access and contents are controlled by the government. I believe that with freedom comes responsibility. Since most of our media are irresponsible and are blinded by their personal interests, it is our duty as bloggers to expose, critic and protect the truth.’

The subjects of my blog are those that interest me the most. I am oftentimes accused of being sarcastic but that’s me. I can’t help it! I was born being one and being old and all, it’s difficult to break the habit. Without the normal journalistic restrictions, the blogger is only responsible to himself. He should stand his ground and fight for what he believes in.

1 comment:

Nebz said...

Amen. I totally agree.