02 May 2011

John Paul II’s Beatification

I have always been a vocal critic of the Roman Catholic Church. There are things that I don’t like and agree with the faith. Their institutionalized veneration of Saints and their ostentatious display in everything they do, Priests committing sexual abuses, Bishops with holier than thou arrogance, to name the few.

Yesterday, the Vatican, the seat of the Roman Catholicism beatified the late Pope John Paul II. I’ve watched TV Patrol and their exaggerated news reporting. Filipino people who were blinded by their Priests (faith) were also celebrating the late Pope’s beatification. In Roman Catholicism, beatification is a step closer to being a Saint.

Saint John Paul II
My view on this is that John Paul II is just a human being. He may have been elected to the Papacy by his fellow Cardinals but he was a human being. The fact of the matter is, he died of old age and the Parkinson’s disease. I was born a Catholic but I really don’t agree in venerating a person and elevate him into sainthood. He’s just like one of us so there’s no reason why we should worship him. I believe in God, one God and no other. There are prophets that foretell God’s coming but they’re not gods and they themselves say it in the scriptures.

Sexual abuses of the Priest during the term of John Paul II were prevalent and he never did anything about it. In fact, the present pontiff did more because he acknowledges the sins of his Church. I may not agree with the Church’s policies and some of its belief but I still consider myself as a part of it. It’s like being a Filipino. I may not agree with President AbNoy’s government and policies but I am still a Filipino. Not by choice but by birth, unfortunately.

5 comments:

Esoy1216 said...

Korek ka migs! we have exactly the same sentiments towards this brouhaha. Only Catholics do blasphemous (read as stupid) things such as these. I'm thankful I'm no longer bound by their doctrines.

braggito said...

Ikaw ni gali To? lain name mo haw?

Francesca said...

for me, the catholic is the Great Babylon in the bible, full of false teachings,as they create their own laws and not base in the Bible or God's laws.

A blind cannot lead a blind to salvation.

The beatification is another form attracting believers, but the teaching is false. Im happy I was out of it LOOONG TIME ago.
I saw how catholicism put people to slavery.tradition tradition tradition instead of bible principles teaching people to live a quality life.
Before I was blind, now I can see their hypocrisy...

braggito said...

@Ms. A.

If we live in the olden days, the Catholic Church would call us heretics and we would even be hanged to death. Thank God, time has changed.

Anonymous said...

It is really true sir. Human into saints. Ridiculous right??. I was right being an Aglipayan, we may disagree with our priest at times but we know that we are just accepting them as they are. considered as human. We are far from the papal policies that's why we let our priest to marry as considered that God will be the one who saves us, not our Priest nor human saints.