28 May 2011

The Amazing Massage Chair

Last Thursday, 26 May 2011, I went to my dental appointment with Saudi Swiss Dental Clinic near Rashid Mall. I had an interim dental appointment with them to check on my sensitive teeth but I never had the chance to come back since the day where I was supposed to visit them, was the day that I was admitted to the hospital. That was November of 2010. The last thorough cleaning I had was during my vacation on August 2010.

It was actually A. who made the appointment with the clinic. I just went with him since I thought I had nothing much to do really. Besides, my last thorough cleaning (prophylaxes) was more than 6 months ago. As far as I know, dental appointments should be done at least two times a year. We were on time actually but the lady dentist was very busy since it’s Thursday that our appointment was pushed for another 30 minutes.

While waiting for our appointment, I became so curious of the massage chair in the waiting area. At first, I really don’t want to try it but my curiosity caught up on me. I finally decided to take a seat and operate on the chair. I could not express how I feel at first because the mechanical stuff underneath the leather case of the chair’s weird. I giggled like a small child initially but eventually I feel so relaxed. The good thing in this chair is that it also massages your two feet as well. I was so lucky that day I guess because my swollen feet were able to relax. The extra pounds that I gained because of the steroids in the medication that I am taking put a great burden in my two feet and knees. The few minutes I spent seating in the massage chair made a great difference. For a moment, I forgot that I was in pain. That being said, I’ve vowed that I will buy my own massage chair. I don’t know when and I haven’t started canvassing the prices but sooner or later I’m going to get one of that for myself.

D. has been telling me that I can’t even buy the microwave oven that I planned to buy (handom kag dumot) for years, how much more the massage chair that cost more than 100 microwave ovens? Well, let’s just see. Who knows, I’ll finally be able to move to a new company that’ll pay me more. As they say, vision is important. I’m keeping my eye on that target and hopefully, in the near future, I’ll be able to buy that massage chair!

2 comments:

Francesca said...

as you are still single, massage chair is less expensive than having a wife. Go for it. I experience that in one of the stores in UK and it is good, it cost 139£ or 12K pesos. Not bad. Kaya lang no space sa bahay, I have to but a new apartment for it first, lol

Francesca said...

i bought a micro wave in phils to put n our appartment there for 1999pesos only. it is practical the micro wave. You buy outside your meal, heat it in the micro wave, you have the meal...