15 June 2009

Callers from Hell

The most dreadful callers who ever lived on earth are those from the ‘Call Centers’. The rudest of them are from the ‘Training Centers’ particularly in the countries of India and the Philippines. They would start calling the moment you arrived at your office. Believe it or not, you will practically receive a minimum of 20 calls from different call centers a day! They would not introduce themselves to you and talked as if they’re very familiar with the people working in your company. If you try to ask them from where they were calling, chances are they won’t respond to your questions. They wanted several details from the Names of your boss, the spelling of the name of your boss, the email address of your boss or simply asking ‘Is there a British working in your company?”. There were those who are very demanding and would ask ‘Who’s your HR Manager! I want to talk to him!.”

There was a lady who demanded to be transferred to our HR director saying that she called from the principality of Monaco and that she’s a Doctor and her call is authorize by the UAE Ministry. I told her ‘Lady, I don’t give a damn if you are the Prime Minister of UAE! Your call ends with me. You can never force me to transfer your call. Don’t threaten me that you’re authorized by the UAE. I will never be intimidated to you just as long as you are not from the Saudi authority.’

The same situation happened when an Indian male Call Center agent was selling a forum for ‘Saudization’. He says that he’s authorized by the Abu Dhabi Ministry to sell the ‘SAUDIAZATION’ program. I told him I don’t give a shit if you’re authorized by the AUH government. The fact that you can’t correctly state ‘Saudization’ simply means you’re nothing but a scam.

When I started receiving calls from these ‘Call Center Agents from Hell’, I tried to be very patient, professional and nice. But they keep on getting into my nerves. There was once a call center agent, an Indian girl from ‘Monsters Gulf’ who was trying to sell her product to me. I gave her the spelling of my boss’ name in phonetic alphabet so she won’t miss out the spelling. I said my boss is Khalid spelled as ‘Kilo, Hotel, Alpha, Lima, India, Delta’. I was appalled when she was clueless about what I was giving her.

A very rude Filipina call center agent also contacted me asking about the addresses and key people in my company. I told her that to save her time and effort, she should just visit our website. She got angry and says ‘If you don’t want to help me, just shut up! I don’t have an internet connection so I can’t visit your website’. She then hanged up on me. I was actually trying to help her because instead of wasting her money and time calling me, why not visit our website directly?

Thankfully, because of their rudeness, I learned to screen out genuine callers from the ‘Call Center Agents from Hell’. I can detect if the callers are from the Call Centers the moment they mutter the first word. It took months of suffering from the abusive ‘Call Center from Hell’ to develop this skill.

No comments: