12 May 2009

Mother’s Day

I greeted my Mom ‘Happy Mother’s Day’ last Sunday and I also told her that I love her. She is, after all the most important woman in my life. She gave me life, nurtured me with love and affection and I would not have live into the adulthood without her.

The fondest memory that I had with my mother was when I was younger and I would commute daily to school. She prepared my breakfast, my bath and my pack lunch daily. She made it a point to wake up early and do all those stuff to me.

As a teacher she’s very strict but when it comes to her children, she’s not the disciplinarian type. Dad was the disciplinarian in the family and if we made mistakes, like a mother hen, she’d protect us from Dad. Mom’s strength of being overprotective with her children becomes her weakness. My other siblings, now adults abuse her tolerance and love for them. It breaks my heart when I hear that my other siblings made her cry. There was even a point where I really wanted to bring her here to live with me.

There are a lot of great things about my mother. Surely, you too think that your mother is great. Mother’s day should not only be celebrated once a year. We can make every day a mother’s day by telling our mothers that we love them.

No comments: