12 May 2009

Lupang Hinirang

There’s big fuzz about how Martin Nievera, the ageing and ‘has been’ singer sung our National Anthem at the Pacquiao-Hatton fight in Las Vegas. The National Historical Institute says that Martin Nievera deviated from the traditional beat justifying it as his artistic interpretation of the song. I say it’s not about artistic interpretation or wanting to be different. It’s his EGO that wants him to sing the song differently.

I don’t understand how Martin Nievera, an American Citizen was given the opportunity to sing the ‘Lupang Hinirang’ at the World Stage. The experience and opportunity should be given to the true blue FILIPINO artists.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like Martin. When I was young(er), I used to like him pero hindi na (me edad na kc ako...hehehe).

Hindi ko na rin pinakinggan sa YouTube ung kanta nya because I'm sure I will not like it as well.

Some said that Martin's version was the most heartful they heard.

My take on the issue? NHI is just creating something out of nothing. There really is no issue here. They're just making Martin more famous.

Francesca said...

Hanapin ko sa you tube kung may k sila mag reklamo.
Babalik ako... Teka lang;