20 December 2011

Thank you list

Christmas nowadays (and in the Philippines) is too commercialized.  In a way, it is better that I live here in an Islamic country where Christmas is not openly celebrated.  It’s the only way I think to really celebrate the season in reflection and thanksgiving. 
My relatives would often ask how we celebrate Christmas in Saudi Arabia.  I tell them that we do away with extravagance and just enjoy the season.  It’s ironic since while we’re in a restricted environment, it is here where we truly understand the significance of the event.  If you are not anymore focused on receiving gifts and spending money to buy them, you’ll come into realization that they’re not really necessary in the celebration.
I’ve learned that doing away with extravagant spending and too much fanfare is good for one’s soul.  Christmas after all is about celebrating the birth of Christ.  It’s time for soul searching and counting your blessings.  This year, I will not have a Christmas list.  Instead, I have a thank you list.
1.       Good Health.  I thank God for giving me good health this year.  Last year was the worst year but He healed me.
2.       Family.  I thank God for giving me a caring and loving family.  I know that no matter what will happen they’ll always be there for me.  I love them for that.
3.       Good Boss.  I thank God for giving me an opportunity to work with the best boss in the world, HSS.  I look forward to working full time with EMF next year.
4.       Promotion.  I thank God for another blessing that I never expected. 
5.       Good Friends.  I thank God for giving me friends who never fails to support me.  I will not mention their names because they already know who they are.  I love you guys.
6.       Good Colleagues.  I thank God for giving me good work environment and colleagues.  Please bless too.
7.       Blessings.  I thank God for all the blessings. 
I’m very thankful for all the blessings that I receive this year.  I am forever grateful. 
Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: