07 September 2011

Prayer and Thanksgiving

Redemptorist Church Baclaran
I consider this year’s annual vacation as very special. It’s the only time of the year where I get to rest and give thanks to our Almighty for all the blessings he has given me. I went through a very horrible experience but thanks to God, friends and my family, I was able to get through it.

My doctor said that it’ll take 2-3 months before my will get rid of all the medications that I took for at 9 months. It wasn’t easy, believe me, aside from being hospitalized, taking medication every day is a lot tougher. I was thankful that it was all over. I just hope that with God’s help, I will be healthier. I also promise that I’ll lead a healthy lifestyle.

I know, I’ve been a critic to the CBCP and the priests who wanted to meddle with politics. However, as a born catholic, I have no intentions of breaking away from my faith. I can express my belief in my own terms without necessarily agreeing to what the people of the church are dictating. So, when I arrived in Manila on 11 August, I made it a point of visiting Quiapo and Baclaran Churches. I went to Quiapo on a Friday so it was a jam-packed crowd. I murmured a prayer and then went out to visit the Black Nazarene to give thanks to all the blessings he has bestowed upon me. The following day I went to Baclaran Church to visit Our Mother of Perpetual Help. I also thanked her for the blessings. I never had an opportunity to attend a holy Eucharistic celebration at that time. I promised though that I will attend one before flying back to the Kingdom of the Sands.

I am very grateful and I owe it all to our Father. I thank him for all the blessings and I promised to be a good son. I know that being human is never an excused but nevertheless, I asked for his understanding and forgiveness. Lord, maraming maraming salamat po sa blessings.

No comments: