13 September 2011

GoHotels.Ph Review

Bed @ gohotels.ph
When I was planning my vacation, I intended to stay in Kabayan Hotel because they’re reasonably priced. When I booked online however, there were no rooms available. I have no other choice but to look for an alternative hotel. I remembered reading an article regarding a new hotel venture that the Gokongwei’s are into. I then searched the internet and found their website. So I decided to book with gohotels.ph at the Cybergate Plaza along EDSA Mandaluyong.

The price range is as affordable as that of the Kabayan Hotel and it looks clean too. I never hesitated to make a booking.

I booked for 3 nights (upon arriving in Manila 11-13 August) and another 2 nights (before leaving Manila 4-6 September). Booking with gohotels.ph is very easy as long as you have a credit card. Instantly a receipt of the transaction will be sent to your email including the electronic confirmation form.

You can also request the hotel for an airport pick up, just as long as you’re staying for more than 82 hours.

Rooms are priced at Php. 1,288 (+Taxes) per night. You may choose Queen Size or Double Bed depending on your needs. Gohotels.ph has AC, LCD TV, Wifi, Hot and Cold Shower, Bath Towels, Soap & Shampoo and a Safety Deposit Box as complement of your stay.

Actual Stay

Toilet @ gohotels.ph
I was not picked up by AVIS, the limousine company that gohotels.ph has a tie up. There was confusion in their arrangement that I was not able to avail of the services that I paid for. When I arrived at the hotel, the Hotel Manager just apologized to me but never offered any alternative solution, like for example, issuing a debit note to me. I did not insist since it was only Php. 625.00 and I earn more than that in the Kingdom of the Sands. It’s not fashionable to argue or create an argument for a very small amount of money. If I were to choose between the Php. 625.00 and my dignity, I’ll choose dignity.

When I arrived at the hotel I’ve noticed that the hotel lobby was very clean. It’s not well lighted and has no AC, however. I think they’re going green so I didn’t mind. The most important thing is that the place is clean. Check in time is at 2:00 PM so if you’re there earlier than the check in time, you’ll have to wait. You have to sign several papers before they’ll give you your Access Card. The drawback with the Access Card is that once you leave the room, the centralized AC will automatically shut down.

The Floors that serves for guests occupancy are the 5th and 6th. The 2nd and 3rd are for the parking spaces and Office spaces of Call Centers that renting in the Cybergate Plaza. Just like in the hotel lobby downstairs, the Elevators have no AC. I wasn’t surprised when there was also no AC at the 5th Floor Lobby. There were air vents and AC ducts so I assume that they’re just saving energy. I have no complaints since it’s all for our environment.

Shower @ gohotels.ph
I was given a room with a view on EDSA. I love the view and the room. The room is very clean and welcoming. It’s just that the Centralized AC could not really counter the heat of the sun that’s facing the window. I have no complaints because I slept well and was well rested because of the room.

The only disadvantage in checking in with gohotels.ph is that you’re not allowed to eat inside your room. You can eat your food at the 5th Floor Lobby or at the Cybergate Mall nearby. It’s not also for smokers because they ban smoking. They have smoke detectors everywhere. I am not a smoker so I don’t have problem with their regulation.

The location of gohotels.ph is along EDSA Mandaluyong. It’s very near to the Boni Station of the MRT. If you’re an OFW, it’s just a bus / MRT ride away from the POEA. The nearest mall is the Cybergate Mall, just beside Cybergate Plaza where gohotel is located. You can also go to Megamall through bus or just by walking. The only problem is if you want to go to Mall of Asia, it’s going to take a lot of time to get there. The airport is also farther but if you’re going to take the hotel limo, you’ll get there within 30 minutes.

Housekeeping is done from 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM. You’ll be impressed because they’re very keen on cleanliness.

If I were to rate gohotels.ph, I’ll give it a 9/10.


9 comments:

Esoy1216 said...

baw ah nakabakasyon ka gali toto, baskug ah! enjoy lang da ah! paayaw sa iloilo ba!

braggito said...

@To thanks gid.. nakabalik na ko to..grabe guid nga pa ayaw kay nagdako tiyan ko sobra kaon.. LOL..

braggito said...

Thank you, GoHotels.ph for posting my review in your website. Here's the link of my review in GoHotels.ph website: http://gohotels.ph/home/press/?sk=blog

Anonymous said...

Wow! nice review. Surely this will be a big help for me, and for the future travelers! Thanks

Anonymous said...

Heard a lot of good reviews. They say to see is to believe.. kaya tara na.. LEts try their hotels. Cool na cool lalo na ang price...

Anonymous said...

Love the review. Hope to book one day. Surely i will enjoy go hotel. Kahit saan pang branch. Approved!

Anonymous said...

Great review. Great hotel. Nice one Go Hotel!

Anonymous said...

Salamat sa lahat ideas. Wala na go hotels na talag. Panalo!

Anonymous said...

very impressive. Cool! Ganda ng hotel ganda din ng deal!