07 December 2010

Friends in Need, Friends indeed!

I don’t want to be melodramatic but in the past week, I guess I’ve had too much of the Teleseryes that I also thought that it’s alright for everyone to cry as long as the scene calls for it. Actually, I’m just making excuses for my weakness. I’ve experienced an emotional roller coaster in the past weeks that I’ve been confined. This isn’t me and even I can’t recognize myself. I considered myself as strong and crying is a weakness.

I think the best thing that ever happened to me while I’m in this situation is that I was able to identify who my true friends are. It’s a blessing in disguise in a way. It’s true what they say that you’ll only know who your true friends in life and death situation. What I’m been going through is not a life and death situation yet I’ve identified few people who truly care. I’m no celebrity but with so many Filipino in our workforce, my illness has brought so much speculation. The sad thing is, they don’t even know what I’ve been going through and not one of them have spoken to my doctor. I’m no stranger to intrigues since its part and parcel of working in the Human Resources Department but what I can’t accept are the things that people whom you think are your friends say about you. I know that people could be mean sometimes. I’ve been mean myself and maybe its God’s way of telling me that ‘You did that to other people before’.

If you ask me if I was hurt, of course but I won’t dignify those speculations. I won’t give away press statement (LOL feeling celebrity) just so I could clear the intrigues. They’re better left unanswered since your true friends don’t need explanations and your enemies won’t hear it anyway. There’s no point in explaining yourself, really.

I think the best thing that I should do is to get better and convince the doctor that I’m ready for discharge. People will just stop talking when they see you healthy and report back to work. I am looking forward to be discharged and probably celebrate a very low key but meaningful Christmas with my close friends.

2 comments:

Francesca said...

people do not need to know what exactly you have been through. They should understand your privacy.
If they speculate, let them be. When you are back, it will shut them up.

You know you are a good person, and God knows it too.
Makasalanan ang mata at bibig ng tao.
Pero ang Diyos, nakatingin sa kung ano ang laman ng iyong puso.

BIG HUGS!

braggito said...

@Francesca

You know us pinoys are really fond of tsismis. They won't stop until I'm back siguro talaga. Thanks.