29 December 2012

Happy Holidays!


We celebrated Christmas this year with less fanfare.  We just ate dinner at our favorite place and then went home.  It was also a good time to rest since I wasn’t really feeling better due to flu.  I tried taking a day off the following day (25 Dec.) but ended up bored at home.  I jokingly told Srini and Firas that I’m just giving them excuse so that I can spend Christmas at home. 

I have always been against the extravagant Christmas celebrations.  That’s probably one of the reasons why I prefer to spend Christmas here in the Kingdom of the Sands.  Don’t get me wrong though.  I’m no Uncle Scrooge!  It’s just that I felt that Christmas should be celebrated low key.  The most important thing is to always remember why we’re celebrating the season in the first place.

This New Year will also be the same I guess.  I don’t mind though, as long as I’ll be celebrating it with my friends, the people I care.

A friend asked me what my New Year’s resolution is for 2013. I can’t stop myself from grinning since It’s just so old fashioned to have New Year’s resolution.  Most of us don’t have New Year’s resolution since we’re not so serious about them.  Anyways, after thinking through it, this is my New Year’s resolution:

1. I will lose 20 Kilos.  Regardless, I have to return to my normal weight.
2. I will eat healthy.  I promise not to binged eat anymore.
3. I will jog daily.  I stopped jogging for 2 years so look at what happened.
4. I will find my match. It has been years since I last fell in love.
5.  I will pass my SPHR / PHR certification exam.
6.  I will entertain job offers from other companies. I will not restrict myself from my current company.
7.  I will still give my family tough love.  

8.  Save Money.  I’m good at saving so I’ll save more.

No comments: