19 June 2012

Place your Ad here


Last Saturday and Sunday, I was bombarded by several frank calls.  I don’t call anybody except selected close friends so I assumed that somebody must’ve distributed my telephone number.  The last person who I think I offended was.. Actually I take it back…I don’t think I offended him when I just told him that his behavior was not normal.  You know who he is, the paranoid person who should’ve been in Taif a long time ago. 
For two nights, I decided not to be bothered by the calls.  However, I’ve realized that I’m just a human being after all.  I did not allow myself to be upset and I told myself that I’ll let A. do the honors.  Doing the honors was of course an understatement because it means retaliation with the capital R.  A’s an artist.  He’s multitalented and very skilled.  I don’t even know how I will survive in all of the HR Projects that I handled without his artistic input.  So, A. thought of something and even I could not even imagine.
Yesterday, A. made several Ad i.e. For Sale, For Rent and other stuff.  Of course, he placed all the mobile numbers of those bothersome people in it.  After office hours, we went to Pakistani School area and posted all the Ads that he made.  I was hesitant at first but was relieved when I saw a lot of Ads in there.  A. was ecstatic.  I told him that it’s the adrenalin rush.  I guess that exercise we made yesterday was successful because I never received any calls yesterday evening.  The success of the activity we did yesterday afternoon motivated A. more so we’ve prepared the materials for today’s Ad distribution.
Am I mean?  I don’t think so.  I asked A. if we’re mean and he says ‘Oh Hell No!” with a snap.  You may say that we’re out of our mind but I won’t be bothered.  What I did was a plain retaliation to a paranoid person who spread my number.  If those people who bothered me will continue to receive calls from people everywhere, they’ll for sure curse the person who referred my number to them.  It’s hitting two birds in one stone.  Will I do the same thing again?  Well, can’t say I won’t.  I’ll still have an excuse, “I’m just a human being”.

No comments: