13 November 2011

A year on…

Tomorrow’s the anniversary of my near death experience. What I’ve been through was the most painful experience I’ve ever encountered in my life. When I was a child, I was never admitted into a hospital. I’ve never ever experienced the IVs, syringes and let alone being subjected to frequent blood extraction. A year on, I’ve forgotten the pain, the scars have disappeared but I won’t forget the feeling of being alone and the agony of waiting.

I thank God that he healed me. If it weren’t for God’s mercy, I would’ve joined him already in heaven. That is, if I’ll go there (LOL). But I still believe that going to heaven is through God’s grace and compassion. This is my second life already and I am very thankful for the new opportunity to prove to our Almighty that I am trying to be a good person. I’m not saying that I’m that good but I’m getting there. I’m still the person I was but I’ve been kinder, I guess.

My family’s prayers and love also helped a lot in my recovery. I am also fortunate to be blessed with true friends. If it weren’t for them, I would’ve succumbed to depression. I did have few episodes of self pity but I recovered right away. I have always been emotionally tough and I don’t like the feeling of being weak and helpless.

I’ve moved on but I will never forget the lessons that I’ve learned out from that predicament. The suffering that I went through made me think through a lot of things. I’ve also realized that when you’re near death, nothing else really matter. You won’t even think of the most precious positions that you have. You’ll only feel grateful, even in pain, that there are people who value and love you. I guess, being given a second life, will truly help me become a better person.

A year on, I’ve recovered. Thanks to God, my family and select friends. I love you, guys. I’ll forever be grateful to you.

2 comments:

Francesca said...

friends might leave you, but God will never forsake you. Keep the line open for HIM. H e never leaves those who are for HIM. All the best. I just think today about the same thing, and i passed by, voila...

braggito said...

Ms. A. thank you po sa word of wisdom.