17 April 2011

Goodbye, AJ Perez

Death is a taboo in all conversation most of the time my friends and I would avoid it. The topic about death however is in the right time since we’re in the season of lent. For us Christians, particularly the Catholics (and returning Catholics like me), death of Christ plays a significant part in our religion. As Filipinos, faith is embedded in our culture. Christ died for us to save us from our sins and resurrected after three days. The promise of Christ resurrection strengthens our faith in Him. His death is just a way of saying that ‘kung may bukas meron pang pag asa’. That’s why regardless of how painful the death of our loved ones, relatives and friends are, we should learn to accept it. We should learn to let go, lift our sorrows to God, pray and move on.


I woke up at around 3:00 AM KSA time to get a leak. I then check if I have messages in my iPhone. Ewan ko when suddenly I went to ABS CBN News app and was so shocked to learn that AJ Perez died. The first thing that comes to my mind is ‘SAYANG’. Nakakapanghihinayang kasi ang bata bata pa niya! He’s too young to die. He could have been the next superstar in the Philippine TV and movie industry pero ayon, kinuha na sya ni Lord.

I guess most of us would say the same thing. Nakapanghihinayang ang kanyang paglisan. He has a bright future ahead of him but sadly hanggang doon na lang siya. God has a reason for everything. What can we do except to accept His plans? I admit that although I am not related to the young kid napaluha ako. I feel for AJ Perez family. Let’s all pray that AJs soul will rest in peace.

No comments: