21 June 2010

Happy Father’s Day ‘DAD’

I’m still touchy every time there’s special celebration like Father’s day. It’s not the reason why I was delayed in posting this subject though. I’ve been through a lot of pressure these days due to several training programs, the corporate intranet project, regular workload and several project based work. Going back, I just can’t help being touchy since I have been without a father for 6 years to be exact.

Yeah, you’re right, an adult man like me should have moved on … but I can’t! Who could? I guess if your Dad passed away, you can’t forget him too. There’s that invincible thread that binds the father and child. Last year, I told my Mom that my greatest regret is not being able to spoil my Dad while he was still alive. If he’s still alive today I would have given him everything that can make him happy. Mom said that I’ve given my all and Dad knows that I love him that is the most important. She also told me not to have any regrets since ‘asta didto na lang ang iya nga kabuhi’.

Life was tough for the whole family before Dad died. We were overburdened by debt because of his sickness. I was only earning a reasonable income then and all of it were spent buying his medicine and pay for the hospital bill. We were devastated by his death and it took us a couple of years to finally recover both financially and emotionally.

I still miss Dad especially if things are tough at work. I’m not saying that I can’t defend myself. I am a survivor and I’m very capable of defending myself. It’s different when you miss someone you love. My father was always a reassuring figure in my life. I’ve failed several times but he welcomes me back with open arms, without questions asked.

Dad, where ever you are, Happy Father’s day. Kag as always, sa mga ga kontra sa akon, kabay pa nga magabaan mo sila!

8 comments:

MR. PANGUY-AB said...

Indi ko tani magcomment because medyo personal post gid but can't avoid but to mention about the last part.

'Kag as always, sa mga ga kontra sa akon, kabay pa nga magabaan mo sila'

lol! :)

Jag said...

i-ampo na lng gid naton ang mga tawo na cge pangontra sa inyo mobuotan na hehehe...

It's the thought that counts buddy bsag naulihi man gali ining post mo subong malipay gid imong daddy na makabasa ani hehehe...Trying hard ra kaayo ko mag ilonggo hahaha...

Belated happy father's day sa dad mo! Ingat!

braggito said...

@Matt Matt
LOL... nahambal ko lang ina from experience... nga makagalaba gid man ang akon amay... after siya napatay ang mga tawo nga nangloko sa iya isa-isa nga nagkalapatay, may cancer kag nalugi negosyo... muna nga every time gapuli ko... gabisita ko sa iya sa patyo... ga sindi ko kandila kag ginapanghambal ko ang name sang mga tawo nga mga kontra ko.. LOL.. bata bata pinsar no? pero mostly nagkalagabaan gid man! LOL.

@Jag
Maayo na kaayo ka mag Hiligaynon.. kinsa nagtudlo nimo? thanks for dropping.

Esoy1216 said...

i dont drop by that often but ur post truly is a treat. great thoughts and almost parejo ta sang naagyan pero perti kadlaw ko sa punta ba. kaladlukan ka gali kon maakig kay basi gabaan ta hahaha!

braggito said...

@NFB

To, thanks gid. LOL.

Francesca said...

Mere words cannot convey the overwhelming feelings of shock, disbelief, numbness, and despair that can result from such tragic, unexpected losses.
I was in that shock when my mother died in a landslide in Antipolo.

However, even when the death of a loved one is expected, as might be the case of your father's illness, illness, grief can still be very intense. No one is ever totally
prepared for the death of a loved
one.

Its good to speak about it,to your family or friends, or to vent in your blog.
Talking about your feelings can bring a measure of relief.

Next year, when father's day arrive again,you already cope up.
All the best!
hey, i was expecting you to blog about kris latest revelation, her marriage with james yap (daw) is over?????Abangan ko sa blog mo ang tsika dyan.
Baka kasi another pakulo na naman to ni tetay...

Francesca said...

Mere words cannot convey the overwhelming feelings of shock, disbelief, numbness, and despair that can result from such tragic, unexpected losses.
I was in that shock when my mother died in a landslide in Antipolo.

However, even when the death of a loved one is expected, as might be the case of your father's illness, illness, grief can still be very intense. No one is ever totally
prepared for the death of a loved
one.

Its good to speak about it,to your family or friends, or to vent in your blog.
Talking about your feelings can bring a measure of relief.

Next year, when father's day arrive again,you already cope up.
All the best!
hey, i was expecting you to blog about kris latest revelation, her marriage with james yap (daw) is over?????Abangan ko sa blog mo ang tsika dyan.
Baka kasi another pakulo na naman to ni tetay...

braggito said...

@Francesca

Thanks po!!