11 May 2010

Amazing Election

I called my mom today and asked her who she voted for. She replied that she voted for Noy-Bi. I can’t argue with my Mom. Who could? She’s my mother after all. I just let her share her experience when she voted yesterday. I’ve learned from her that our Barangay only received two PCOS machines out of 8 cluster precincts. According to my Mom, the voting could have ended on schedule and faster if they (our Barangay) were given enough PCOS machines. The result took awhile since other precincts that don’t have PCOS have to borrow the tallying machine from other precincts. Believe it or not, the voting ended at 10 AM today. Good thing that the COMELEC let them extend the voting time.

My mother a former school principal was given priority because she’s a senior citizen. She said that she wasn’t able to contain her excitement when her ballot was inserted to the PCOS and right after the message of congratulations was displayed in the PCOS - LCD.

I’ve heard that the voting went really well. Everyone was excited when they learned about the results. I haven’t asked Mom yet whether she received something from candidates. They usually distribute money the night before the elections.

I would like to correct myself in my earlier entry about Automated Elections. I’ve heard from the experts that the election was actually a semi automated one. We still do the tedious filling out of the ballot and the only automated is the counting. But even then, the result was amazing! We could try to improve next time but totally automating the whole election process. What I have in mind is an ATM look-a-like machine where the voters would just punch their preferred candidates. We could have that kind of machines in every precinct. I think no one could breach the security features of ATM look-a-like voting machine.

I can’t promise that I won’t criticize AbNoynoy’s administration. That’s just me and I’m smiling at the prospect of throwing whatever criticism I can towards him and his administration. Tetay will also be one of my favorite topics. It wouldn’t be interesting without her anyways.

6 comments:

Alde Cruz said...

sana nga parang sa ATM machine ang gnawa nila sa automation. less pa sa gastos ng papel. hehe..

braggito said...

@Al de Cruz

thanks for dropping by..

Francesca said...

sana next election, may twice voting schedule, gaya sa france, inuulit sa second round, para malaman talaga kung sino ang gusto ng mamamayan.
After all, automated na. what is another week, di ba?

braggito said...

@Francesca

Run Off election is not sanctioned in the 1987 Constitution kaya minority president ang palaging na e elect. Kailangan ng constitutional change.. kaso imposible magkaroon ng Constitutional amendment kasi daming mga madre at pari magra rally sa EDSA.

Francesca said...

Ganun ba? Si padre at madre na lang ng sundin ng batas, ibasura na lang kaya ang constitution.hehehehhe!
pakialamerang mga taga simbahan, di ba nila alam na bawal sila makialam sa polittics? Even jesus didnt join politics, why them?
Mga butod sa pwersa!

braggito said...

@Francesca

Yes, sad but that's what happening in our country. Ha ha ha ha