23 July 2011

Queries on Saudization by Mr. Rigoberto Tiglao

Today 23 July 2011, Former PGMA spokesperson and now PDI columnist sent me an inquiry on Saudization.  Here's his letter.  My answer was on the next blog posting:

---oo0oo---

From: Inquirer email [mailto:tiglao.inquirer@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 11:23 AM
To: braggito
Subject: Query


Dear Mr. Braggito,

I'm a columnist at the Philippine Daily Inquirer, and I chanced upon your letter to the Manila Times online clarifying why Saudi Arabia has started restricting the entry of Filipino workers (i.e.., that this had nothing to do with the Saudization program, nor Nitaqat).

I'd appreciate your views:

1. How did this stand-off (Phil requiring $400 wage, while Saudi $200) come about? Did Phil authorities decide to implement suddenly some regulation? I suppose this wage level was not only required of the Philippines. Have Phil authorities start to inform other countries to tell them this is the policy?
2. Do you think it's not right for Ph to require such level of wages?
3. What will be the impact on deployments of Filipinos in Saudi?
4. Is a way out of this stand-off in the offing or impossible at this point.

I'd appreciate your comments.

Thanks


Rigoberto Tiglao


No comments: