07 June 2011

Carbon Footprints

Yesterday, swarm of emails on the recent winners of Miss Earth Philippines pageant flooded my inbox. I wasn’t at all too happy to receive them since I’ve already read the news the moment I logged on to my PC. I was never a fan of Miss Earth Philippines since it started. It’s because of its very hypocritical advocacy. Don’t get me wrong. I support clean and renewable energy and anything green. What I don’t like is when a profit focused organization claims to be green for the sake of making money.

I haven’t watched the broadcast of the pageant but it was criticized by people who watched it. Just like the recently concluded Bb. Pilipinas 2011 Pageant, the organizers focused too much on the Q&A. May I remind the organizers that MEP is not a quiz bee? It’s still and forever will be a beauty pageant. The most beautiful woman should win regardless.

As for the organizers advocacy on nature, I don’t buy it. I haven’t seen anything worth mentioning in the reigns of their former queens. Even the winners of the ME doesn’t do much either. In the end, it would still boil down to money (sponsorship fee, etc.). If they're serious, can they please tell us the carbon footprints for staging the event?

1 comment:

pamatayhomesick said...

i would to thank all sponsors!...wasak!..he he he.

world peace! :)