19 March 2011

Alarmist Filipinos

Last week I have been receiving forwarded emails spreading fear and alarm to the OFW community in the Kingdom. I want to ignore the emails as much as I want to but I just can’t because of the volume of the identical emails I received from my friends and colleagues. One of the emails I received contains the list of the community leaders otherwise known as people who wants to receive the ‘Bayaning Filipino Award’. Aside from that, there’s also a form attached to it asking for your contact information. The thing is, it’s not even confirmed that it came from the Philippine Embassy.

I was in Riyadh last Wednesday 15 March 2011 to renew my passport and did not see anything extraordinary there. We weren’t asked to fill out forms of any sort. And what’s up with the forms? If it’s really true, why ask for our information when our info is readily available with the POEA? So that gives me the idea that those forms are just forwarded to scare people. That’s why I call these people spreading these forms and contact information as Alarmist. They wanted to create fear amongst the OFW community in the Kingdom. It’s not the most outrageous thing that our fellow Filipino did but they also spread rumors and baseless haka haka on the protests within the Kingdom.

What bothers me is that even the ABiaS CBN through its cheap and amateurish program ‘Balitang Middle East’ and ‘Kwentong Disyerto’ gave importance to it. It’s baseless and unconfirmed yet they cover it. If that’s not irresponsible journalism I don’t know how you want to call it.

So, ngayon, anong masasabi nila that nothing happened? Aren’t they ashamed of themselves? May hiya pa ba silang naiwan sa kanilang katawan? We should put a stop to this or else, masasanay ang mga taong ito na gumawa ng kalokohan and taking us all for a ride.

1 comment:

Francesca said...

On like Braggito cannot be frightened, ano kala nila, wala ka information better than them? And dont give infos about yourself, baka bentahan ka lang ng celphone cards, lol