11 January 2011

My so called …

I told myself that I really had to post something on my blog for the New Year. I think for the first time in my life, I run out of idea. If I were a writer, I mean a serious writer that is, this episode is called ‘running out of creative juices.’ It’s funny really because I consider myself as smart alec, never runs out of idea, opinion and of course, sarcasm.


While I was still in confinement, my friend D forwarded my 2011 fortune reading to me. According to the fortune, the year 2011 will be bad for the Snake people. I tried my best to ignore it since my New Year started with a big bang. I was discharged on 2 January and it’s a good sign right? My friend however sent a disclaimer that says that the effectivity date of that fortune will start on Chinese New Year. So shanawa! LOL.

My boss told me that my Performance Evaluation will only be for 8 months since I was out of the office for almost two months (50 days) from 14 November 2010 – 2 January 2011. I just gave him a smile because I know that he’s only kidding. I realized that I am not in the position to complain. I was out on an extended sick leave and believe me, I really thought that they’re gonna let me go. Yet they never did. They paid my salaries upfront without delays and I was able to get my job back. So what more can I ask? I think demanding for a promotion or a hefty increase is being too greedy. I’ll just be thankful if they decide to give me an increase but I would never demand. The days I spent at the hospital were grueling. I know that I had to get well but I can’t put aside the thought that I may lose my job. At some point, I asked my boss if I still have the job to go back to after my discharge and he assured me that I still have it. Fellow Pinoys in our office were spreading rumors that I’ll be sent home. I wonder how they reacted when I reported to the office last 4 January? It turned out that my fears were unfounded, I still got a 96.7% in my Performance Evaluation.

I really hate the awkward moments when you’re reporting for the first time either from an annual vacation or extended sick leave. The first thing that your colleague would do is to ask you how you were and the standard niceties. Of all those who greeted me, I was so touched by one of my colleague Moeenudden who went out of his way to hug me. I really felt the fatherly warmth and sincerity. I tried to stop the tears from falling. I failed but easily regained my composure.

If there’s Moeenudden and the others who radiate warmth, there are people who were not too happy to see me and they have hard time concealing it. Naeem came to my office just to ask me how I was doing but his expression betrayed him. He was pissed off I guess that I reported back to work. I’ve heard from Andrew before that it’s not just Filipinos but the Pakistani’s were also spreading insinuations and speculations about my illness.

I know, I know, I kept talking about myself lately. I apologize but I guess I won’t stop or else there’s nothing to write about in my blog.

3 comments:

Francesca said...

there are all sorts of people,kaya, take their plastic approach like a pinch of salt.
I am happy you are well now, kasi you start blogging.

In life, there are some who irks us, or get annoyed seeing us still alive. Even to see us breathing, they do not like it.

You are such a good fellow and your boss recognized it, thats all that matters.

All the best.

Ps, I do not believe in horoscope. What we will be in our future is what we decide to start in life today.
Hugs!

braggito said...

@Ms. Amy
I know but why can't I stop reading the horoscope. There's also this new development.. dinagdagan na daw ang zodiac signs hahahaha.. thanks and have a great holiday in London!

Francesca said...

oke lang read ka nun, just dont believe in it, it can slave your mind to false reasonings..Ako rin back to blogging na, hehe