20 September 2010

Hay Naku! Sakit sa Ulo

No matter how noble your intentions are, if the people concern doesn’t care, you’ll end up regretting the things that you did for them. Yon na siguro ang nangyari sa akin. Maybe I deserved this for being too pakialamero!


I really tried my best and even went out of my way to find jobs for a cousin of mine from other company. I vowed before that I wouldn’t hire a Kamag Anak Inc. in our company and I still stand by my words. Kaso if the job is just given to a person, he wouldn’t appreciate it. So, now that nagising na ako sa katotohanan, he’s going to be the last Kamag Anak Inc. na tutulungan ko. Iba talaga if you’ve work hard in order to get the job. If my cousin only went through looking for a job in employment agencies in Manila with limited money, maybe his perspective is different. Siguro mas na aappreciate niya ang kung anong meron siya ngayon.

The cousin of mine was hired as a driver/utility man for SR. 1,500. In KSA, that’s a big amount since most of the companies would only give a base pay of SR.800 for a driver. Even my company wouldn’t give that kind of salary. However, my cousin started sending SMS to everyone, to everyone who would listen to him that he’s being mistreated, not fed and does a lot of tasks. If there’s one thing that I don’t like hearing from a person it’s when he complains about the job. I started working when I was 17 years old doing part time job in major fast food chains in the country. I’ve been through hell as they say pero I never complained. In fact, it made me appreciate more and value the dignity of human labor. For me, complaining about the work is a big disgrace.

The sad thing is that my cousin doesn’t consider the situation of his family. His father is very sick and a worry could trigger a heart attack. His sister in the US couldn’t also sleep from worrying. He also keeps on sending SMS to his brother who is taking the bar exams! He chooses to bulakbol kaya he wasn’t able to finish his college. He got married late pero pati pang gatas ng kanyang anak inaasa pa sa kanyang pamilya. Paano, wala namang trabaho sa pilipinas. Now he’s crying at gustong umuwi at mas mabuti pa daw mag tambay na lang siya sa Pilipinas. Tumaas ang presyon ko when I heard that he’d rather tambay and do nothing than work here. I asked him before he was deployed if he’s really decided at kung buo na nag loob nya. Ang sagot naman oo daw. Ngayon, nandito na gusto nang umuwi.

He has so many complaints but when I asked him, he could not answer me with a straightforward answer. So ibig sabihin, nagsisinungaling talaga at tamad lang.

I told him that this is his opportunity to give a better future for his daughter. Kaya nga lang, mas maganda siguro para sa kanya ang manghingi na lang monthly ng pera sa Ate niya sa States. Sabagay, mag tambay lang sya, magpalaki ng kanyang itlog at wallah! may pera na from the States.

I talked to his boss about his situation. Sa totoo lang, I have no authority to talk to his boss since I’m outsider. Iba ang culture ng Arabs but his boss is a gentleman. We’ve ironed out the situation and I warned my cousin to do well. I also talked to his sister that the best thing that they should do is to ignore him totally. Kasi tatahimik lang naman iyan kung malaman niyang wala ng nakikinig sa kanyang mga drama sa buhay. Sabi ko rin, be careful what you wish for, it might come true. Baka sa kakasabi nyang minamaltrato siya at hindi pinapakain, magkakatotoo tuloy!

3 comments:

Jag said...

I feel for you...Nkakahayblad nga ang ganung klaseng tao...lagi n lng umaasa...im sorry to say this to your nasnip pero ano n ang mngyayari sa knya kung wala n ang family na sumusuporta sa knya? tsk tsk tsk...

Francesca said...

yung cousin mo, parang member ng Roma gypsies, lol. Gusto pera, ayaw mag work.

Ano sagot niya na sayang ang oportunity niya, nasa abroad na siya?

Ang hindi nag tatrabaho kamo, hindi dapat kumakain.
Yung ate mo sa US kausapin mo, na wag padalhan, kasi adult na ang cousin niyo, hindi siya sagutin ng ate mo sa ano mang social and family needs niya.

Kung hindi kasi patikmin ng hirap sa pera, hindi sila natututo...

braggito said...

@jag

hindi nya talaga naiisip ang consequences ng actions niya.. sabagay mas masarap naman talaga buhay nya sa pilipinas na pensyonado at nagpapalaki lang ng itlog.. antay lang sa Ate nya padalhan kaagad.

@Francesca
Oo nga.. gusto dole out lang palagi.. gusto patulog tulog lang.. total may padala na after the end of the month.. Advise ko nga sa sister nya sa States..dapat ipa suffer..dapat maranasan nya ang hirap nang matoto sya.