12 December 2012

Early Christmas Gifts


Last Monday, 10 December 2012, I was invited to OKI trade show in Movenpick Hotel with some of my colleagues.  I was told that there will be presentation, gifts and dinner.  Since I don’t have evening classes on Mondays, I confirmed my participation to the trade show.  The trade show started rather late (30 minutes behind schedule).

It was pretty exciting presentation since it gave me idea on which machines to choose and its advantage and disadvantage.  I also learned from there that the product is called Oki because it was named after the founder Kibataro Oki.  The misconception is that we pronounced it OKI (Oh-Key-Ai) because we thought that it’s an abbreviation of something.  I’ve also learned that Oki is pioneer in the LED technology.

The most exciting part of the trade show was when they were drawing prices for their raffle.  They’ve given several machines and I was so happy because number 8, the number that was given to me was drawn.  I won OKI C110 A4 Color Printer.  I don’t know what I should do with it yet but nevertheless, I’m happy and thankful with my winning.

---oo0oo---

The following day, Abdul Jalal of InterContinental Hotel invited me again, with some of my colleagues to attend their ‘Bookers Club Party’.  It’s a thanksgiving party given to their clients.  It was 11 December 2012 which happens to be a Tuesday so I told him I couldn’t come. When I was about to leave the office in the evening, Wency from Arab Open University (Morgan International) called me and said that our class is cancelled.  That means I have the opportunity to attend the party at the InterContinental.

The party was held at the rooftop of InterContinental Hotel.  There was a sandstorm at that time so we were uncomfortable at first.  It was a cocktail party and it was so amazing.  They served international cuisine, petit pour, sushi, Indian curry and BBQ.  The highlight of the night was when my name was called and I won dinner for 2 at the InterContinental Hotel Al Khobar.

Thank you, God for giving me all these blessings.  I planned to invite my boss for the dinner.  I owe it to him I think.

No comments: